Current:Home > InvestNovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center:Ted Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3 -Capitatum
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center:Ted Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 06:56:21
This is NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Centerjust great, Nate.
As Ted Lasso prepares to kick off its third season, Jason Sudeikis and the rest of the team have given fans plenty of warning that this could be the last time we see AFC Richmond play together. However, Nick Mohammed doesn't necessarily think the March 15 premiere has to be the final one.
"I feel like the writers were really open at the start and said that in their heads they'd mapped out three-season arcs," Mohammed reiterated to Entertainment Weekly March 13. "But that doesn't mean that it definitely has to come to an end. There's no reason why it couldn't continue. So, we'll see. I hope there's more, but who knows."
Season three of the Apple TV+ comedy picks up right where season two left off—with Mohammed's Nate leaving AFC Richmond in favor of West Ham. As to how he's adjusting in his new role?
"He's defected, he's gone to West Ham, he's under Rupert [Anthony Head] now," Mohammed explained. "He's enjoying, at least in the first few episodes, that newfound sort of celebrity status. He's very vain, he's enjoying the perks of the job, the fancy cars, and so on."
But that's not to say the former wunderkind is fully gone.
"Saying all that, we do still recognize those moments of insecurity that I guess we were first introduced to in even season one," he continued. "He is still that guy who suffers from chronic insecurity and that hasn't just gone away now that he's at a fancier club."
And while Mohammed would love to see Ted Lasso return for more, the man behind the titular coach himself previously indicated that the three-season plan was always in the cards.
"I think we have a talented enough writing staff, an incredible cast, tremendous production and post-production crew," Sudeikis exclusively revealed to E! News at the March 7 premiere regarding the show's possible future. "They definitely have the ability and there's plenty of water left in that sponge to squeeze out."
He added, "All I know is that the story we wanted to tell and the one that we're telling, that's what we're here tonight to celebrate. What happens beyond this, I won't know until this is all done."
Fellow co-creator Brendan Hunt also shared his desire to keep their dream team together on the event's red carpet.
"We'll try," he exclusively told E! News about potentially making another three seasons. "The vibe of season three is the same as one and two, just even better lighting. Dudes in shorts hugging each other and having the most un-toxic of relationships. If you were on board for the first two, you're gonna love three."
See if Ted Lasso scores a hat-trick when its third season premieres March 15 on Apple TV+.
Get the drama behind the scenes. Sign up for TV Scoop!veryGood! (48)
Related
- Everything Simone Biles did at the Paris Olympics was amplified. She thrived in the spotlight
- New Mexico man pleads guilty in drive-by shootings on homes of Democratic lawmakers
- County official Richardson says she’ll challenge US Rep. McBath in Democratic primary in Georgia
- A teen on the Alaska Airlines flight had his shirt ripped off when the door plug blew. A stranger tried to help calm him down.
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- Blinken seeks Palestinian governance reform as he tries to rally region behind postwar vision
- Designated Survivor Actor Adan Canto Dead at 42
- As Maryland’s General Assembly Session Opens, Environmental Advocates Worry About Funding for the State’s Bold Climate Goals
- Family of explorer who died in the Titan sub implosion seeks $50M-plus in wrongful death lawsuit
- More women join challenge to Tennessee’s abortion ban law
Ranking
- Euphoria's Hunter Schafer Says Ex Dominic Fike Cheated on Her Before Breakup
- The largest great ape to ever live went extinct because of climate change, says new study
- US defends its veto of call for Gaza ceasefire while Palestinians and others demand halt to fighting
- High school teacher gave student top grades in exchange for sex, prosecutors say
- 3 years after the NFL added a 17th game, the push for an 18th gets stronger
- USDA estimates 21 million kids will get summer food benefits through new program in 2024
- Former UK opposition leader Corbyn to join South Africa’s delegation accusing Israel of genocide
- A judge has temporarily halted enforcement of an Ohio law limiting kids’ use of social media
Recommendation
'Stranger Things' prequel 'The First Shadow' is headed to Broadway
In stunning decision, Tennessee Titans fire coach Mike Vrabel after six seasons
Notorious ‘Access Hollywood’ tape to be shown at Trump’s defamation trial damages phase next week
RHOSLC Reunion: Heather Gay Reveals Shocking Monica Garcia Recording Amid Trolling Scandal
Travis Hunter, the 2
Small-town Minnesota hotel shooting kills clerk and 2 possible guests, including suspect, police say
South Carolina no longer has the least number of women in its Senate after latest swearing-in
With California’s deficit looming, schools brace for Gov. Gavin Newsom’s spending plan